Sunday, March 20, 2016

First Half Marathon.

Synopsis:
------------
Average Pace: 10:23 / mile.
Training Lead Time : 4-5 Weeks.
Longest Training Run: 10.2 Miles.
Average Training Pace: 11:00 - 11:30

About 4 weeks of training is what it took. And towards the end, I seemed to have overtrained, so I rested for the last 4-5 days. And that helped.

When I was training, I could rarely get my speed up above 5.2-5.4 mph.

My first few miles were a little rough, with some cramping in my legs. But that opened up and I got a lot faster after that. The last 4 miles, I began to feel the fatigue, but from my splits it would appear that slowed only marginally.

During training, my longest run was 10 miles. But the last three miles were not too bad, although my legs were clearly not conditioned.

Another thing that helped was the weather and the carb gels, I must have had 6 of them.

So in the end, I finished strong at 2:17. I surprised myself, because I was projecting between 2:30-2:40.

So in all, happy, But I am done with running distance for at least 4-5 months. I am now switching training to strength and TKD.




No comments: