Saturday, January 31, 2015

The Home Owner Adventures - 1

On Jan 30 , 2015, We got the keys to our brand new home. It was a nail biter to the end, with two loans funding , one the day before and one the morning of closing. I must have check my email every 5-10 mins . I finally lost patience around 2 and called the title company. My call was not answered. I wondered if that was a good sign or not. But I still felt positive.

Then at 2:38 PM, Kim Garner from North American Title called me and gave me the news. We were home owners!!

I had already loaded up the car with some boxes with fragile stuff and important documents and set out to our new home. I got a nice welcome kit and used my new garage opener to park the car . But then I got a little surprise, none of the 4 keys I was given would open the garage door. I tried the front door as well, same problem. Somehow the keys had been mixed up. Lots of running about, and then, finally, someone helped me program a new code for our electronic dead bolt, and I was in. The washer dryer were still missing, but still I was very glad that we were able to close on time.



Norm and Shobita have been very kind and have invited us to sleep over on the days to help us with our move, because this is the state of our house. It is very surprising we have so many things.







No comments: